Community Wellbeing Offer
The Community Wellbeing Hubs can offer support to you from the age of 16 but you will need to be accompanied by a family member or carer. Once you are 18 years of age, you can access all our activities yourself.
We can offer low-level support to enable you to access our services, however we cannot offer full personal care. If you require this; a carer, personal assistant or a family member can accompany you.
We can offer you help with:
- Help to get about – using public or community transport
- Cooking skills – making healthy snacks and preparing meals
- Activities to help meet other people or keep in touch with your old friends – we have lots of activities in our Wellbeing Hubs from craft to sport or you can just call in for a chat.
- One to one support to help you access activities and services in your own local area.
- General information and advice.
Help staying safe
It can be a real problem if we do not feel safe and comfortable when we are trying to do something. This is the same when we are trying to get out into the community, we need to feel safe and supported
Thinking about getting a job? We can assist with helping you get ready for employment.
We can help you find volunteer opportunities or work placements. We can help you in building confidence and resilience as you start out on your employment journey.
We can help you write a curriculum vitae (CV) and start to apply for jobs. We can give you support by helping you practice for interviews.
See also section on Education and Employment section of this website.
Find out more about housing options in the Finding Somewhere to Live page.