Archive - Information events for Parents and Carers 2014
These particular sessions focused on two key areas:
- Sharing and consulting on the current North Lincolnshire’s prototype Education, Health and Care (EHC) plan.
- Sharing and consulting on the development of a transition plan to manage the change over from Statements to Education, Health and Care plans.
Parents had the opportunity to ask any questions in relation to the significant changes that are taking place.
The same session was run on a variety of venues and at different times to suit the needs of parents and carers.
They took place at the following times and venues:
- Monday, 9 June 2014 (6.30-8.00pm) South Axholme Academy,Burnham Road,Doncaster,South Yorkshire, DN9 1BY
- Wednesday, 11 June 2014 (10.00-11.30am) The Ropewalk,Maltkiln Road,Barton upon Humber,North Lincolnshire, DN18 5JT
- Friday, 13 June 2014 (1.00-2.30pm) Learning Development Centre,South Leys Campus,Enderby Road,Scunthorpe, DN17 2JL
Overall, approximately 50 parents and carers attended these consultation sessions, with the vast majority being supportive of the locally proposed Education, Health and Care (EHC) Plans that is proposed to replace statements over the next four years. Similarly, parents and carers were supportive of the proposed transition plans for replacing statements with EHC Plans. The main point raised was to ensure high quality in writing EHC Plans whilst the changes were taking place, as well as making sure that the workload was manageable and realistic for the Local Authority.