Changing Places Toilets
Standard accessible toilets do not meet the needs of every person with a disability.
People with profound and multiple learning disabilities, as well people with other physical disabilities such as spinal injuries, muscular dystrophy and multiple sclerosis often need extra facilities to allow them to use the toilets safely and comfortably.
Changing Places toilets are different to standard disabled toilets as they have extra features, special equipment and more space to provide a safe and clean environment for the people who use them.
The extra facilities in Changing Places toilets include:
- a height adjustable bench
- a tracking hoist system or mobile hoist
- adequate space for a disabled person and up to two carers
- a privacy screen or curtain
Where can I find a Changing Places toilet?
There are currently five Changing Places toilets in North Lincolnshire at:
- The Ironstone Centre, West Street, Scunthorpe
- Normanby Hall Country Park, Normanby
- Riddings Pool, Enderby Road, Scunthorpe
- Scunthorpe Community Wellbeing Hub, Alvingham Road, Scunthorpe
- Sir John Mason House, De Lacy Way, Winterton