Children's Therapy Services - Referral Pathways
The Children’s Therapy Team in North Lincolnshire includes the following paediatric services:
- Speech and Language Therapy
- Occupational Therapy
- Nutrition and Dietetic Service
Services are offered to children and young people 0-16/19 years of age. The team is based in Scunthorpe but works across the North Lincolnshire area. Referrals are received from a range of sources including Consultants, GPs, Health Visitors, schools, early years providers, other professionals (for example Portage, ASET, Educational Psychologist) and parents. We have attached further information showing the pathway and criteria for referrals to our services.
Appointments are offered within clinics, schools, and special schools. Home visits are offered to children dependent upon their clinical need, and children will also be seen within a hospital setting as appropriate. An overview of the pathway for support and therapy has been included which shows the journey a child may take following their assessment our teams.
Our main aims are to help children and young people to:
- Develop and make progress at school/nursery to the best of their ability
- Be as independent as possible and make choices for themselves
- Have satisfying relationships at home and at school
- Participate and feel confident
- Be free from discomfort, stay well and be safe
Therapy Service Pathways
Each Service within the Children’s Therapy Team has a detailed pathway showing the steps that take place following referral as well as the journey your child may take after assessment. Further Information about services can be accessed through the NLaG Trust website.
- Children’s Therapy General Referral Pathway
- Children’s Speech and Language Therapy Intervention Pathway
- Children’s Occupational Therapy Intervention Pathway
- Children’s Physiotherapy Intervention Pathway
- Cross Site Children’s Nutrition and Dietetics Intervention Pathway
- North Lincolnshire Speech and Language Therapy Referral Pathways and Criteria
- North Lincolnshire Communication and Interaction Pathway
Please see below some useful information booklets for parents and carers relating to Developmental Language Disorder, Selective Mutism and Stammering.