Parents Involvement and Participation (PIP) Forum
What is the PIP Forum?
North Lincolnshire’s Parents’ Involvement and Participation (PIP) Forum is made up of a dedicated group of parents who have children with special educational needs and/or disabilities.
Have you thought of joining PIP?
Are you the parent / carer of a child or young person with a special educational need or disability?
If the answer is yes, then have you thought of joining the North Lincs PIP (Parents involvement and Participation) Forum? You will get support from other parents who know what you’re going through, and you will get the chance to have your voice heard.
- families helping families
- parents with a child /children with special educational needs and/or disability (SEND)
- all volunteers working together to help and support each other
Our children and young adults range from birth to age 25. Some have:
- a diagnosis from birth or an early age
- an education, health and care plan (EHCP) if required
- others spend years investigating, resulting in late diagnosis or diagnosis still pending
- some families are eligible for Disability Living Allowance (DLA) or Personal Independence Payment (PIP)
- and others are not eligible
There are parent forums all over the UK – 152 in total. As a Forum we:
- work closely with the local authority and co-produce events at various times of the year
- meet at informal weekly coffee mornings around North Lincolnshire
- regularly meet at regional and national meetings and discuss issues which affect our children with SEND
- direct parents to the Local Offer website where they will find all the contacts and information available to families with a child with SEND
- hold an Annual General Meeting (AGM) and an Annual Parent Conference
- work to enable better access to information about services
- improve channels of communication between services, professionals, parents and carers
How do I become a member of PIP?
All parents and carers of children with SEND are welcome to become members of the North Lincs PIP Forum. Please complete our online membership form
You may need to renew your membership if you were formerly a member as we have updated our data protection procedures in line with the new GDPR regulations.
What are the benefits of becoming a member?
By becoming a member, you will be kept informed. You will have a voice and support. It is simply the best way to know what is available out there to help your child. For more information please visit our website.
Coffee mornings are held across North Lincolnshire on a regular basis. This is an opportunity for you to come along and talk to us and other parents and carers living with children and young people with additional needs.
The coffee mornings are informal and relaxing. We have lots of information that we can share with you including information about activities and groups you can attend.
Below are the list of dates and locations for 2019/20 or you can download the flyer. Coffee mornings are 10am to 11.30am unless otherwise stated.
- Thursday 19 September – Ropewalk, Barton, DN18 5JT
- Friday 27 September – Fit with PIP*
- Wednesday 2 October – 11am to 1pm, The Yarborough Hunt, Brigg, DN20 8NS
- Wednesday 16 October – Belton Visitors Centre, DN9 1NY
- Friday 18 October – Fit with PIP*
- Wednesday 30 October – Surgery – tbc
- Thursday 7 November – Columbia Coffee Lounge, Scunthorpe, DN15 6NE
- Friday 15 November – Annual SEND Conference, time and venue to be confirmed
- Thursday 21 November – The Old Tileworks, Barton, DN18 5RF
- Friday 29 November – Fit with PIP*
- Thursday 5 December – Big Christmas Coffee Morning, Brigg Garden Centre – time TBC
- Friday 13 December – Fit with PIP*
- Wednesday 8 January – Epworth Garden Centre – DN9 1 JL
- Friday 17 January – Fit with PIP*
- Wednesday 22 January – Starbucks, Scunthorpe, DN15 6SA
- Wednesday 29 January – Surgery – tbc
- Thursday 6 February – Ropewalk, Barton, DN18 5JT
- Friday 14 February – Fit with PIP*
- Thursday 27 February – PIP Annual General Meeting – time and venue to be confirmed
- Wednesday 11 March – Pre-school child and parent coffee morning – The WhiteHorse, Brigg, DN20 8JR
- Friday 20 March – Fit with PIP*
- Wednesday 25 March – Belton Visitors Centre, DN9 1NY
- Thursday 23 April – Starbucks, Scunthorpe, DN15 6SA
- Friday 1 May – Fit with PIP*
- Wednesday 6 May – The Old Tileworks, Barton, DN18 5RF
- Wednesday 13 May – Surgery tbc
- Wednesday 20 May – 11am to 1pm – Yarborough Hunt, Brigg, DN20 8NS
- Thursday 4 June – Epworth Garden Centre – DN9 1 JL
- Friday 12 June – Fit with PIP*
- Thursday 18 June – Columbia Coffee Lounge, Scunthorpe, DN15 6NE
- Wednesday 1 July – Ropewalk, Barton, DN18 5JT
- Friday 10 July – Fit with PIP*
- Wednesday 15 July – The Whitehorse Brigg, DN20 8JR
*Fit with PIP – 10.15 am – car park at Normanby Hall and Stableyard Cafe
SEND Conference for Parents and Carers – 16 November 2018
The Special Educational Needs and Disability (SEND) Conference 2018 for Parents and Carers took place on Friday, 16 November 2018.
The presentations from the event are available for you to view and download on the event page.