Parents Involvement and Participation (PIP) Parent Forum
North Lincs PIP Parent Forum launch Easter Advent Campaign for families to enjoy this Spring
Easter is going to be even more fun this year with the Parent Forum Easter Advent! Created for families to enjoy at home or outdoors, they have a 10 day countdown of activities to do this Easter. Perfect for families of children with special educational needs or disabilities, all the activities will allow children to explore the sights, sounds, smells and tastes of spring!
The Parent Forum is encouraging families to get outside with spring bingo – create a sensory box with items found outside and get crafty for Easter with lots of inspiration of things to make and do.
Everything can be enjoyed at home, so it is a fun and safe thing to do over the Easter holiday.
As part of the campaign, they are also launching a competition to win a Meerkat experience at Messingham Zoo.
Kay Mitchell-Gough, Co-Chair of the North Lincs PIP Parent Forum says ‘it has been a difficult year for everyone, particularly parents of children with additional needs. We have continued to support our members throughout the pandemic and the Easter Advent is something positive and fun for everyone to enjoy over the Easter holidays.”
The Parent Forum welcomes new members and their next virtual coffee morning is on 22 April 2021 at 10.30am.
Kay continues “we have really enjoyed our coffee mornings on Zoom during lockdown and would love to see some new faces. We are all parents of SEND or disabled children, who know how challenging parenting in these circumstances can be. If parents would like to join us, even for 10 minutes, our meetings are welcoming and supportive and collectively we are helping to shape the services in our area”
For more information, please contact us for a chat.
Coronavirus: Supporting parents and carers
The North Lincolnshire PIP Parent Forum are doing their very best to support parent and carers via WhatsApp, Facebook and their website during this period of uncertainty. Once things settle back to normal they will be ready to engage and continue their work with you.
What is the Parent Forum?
North Lincolnshire’s PIP Parent Forum is made up of a dedicated group of parents who have children with special educational needs and/or disabilities.
Have you thought of joining the Parent Forum?
Are you the parent / carer of a child or young person with a special educational need or disability?
If the answer is yes, then have you thought of joining the Parent Forum? You will get support from other parents who know what you’re going through, and you will get the chance to have your voice heard.
- families helping families
- parents with a child /children with special educational needs and/or disability (SEND)
- all volunteers working together to help and support each other
Our children and young adults range from birth to age 25. Some have:
- a diagnosis from birth or an early age
- an education, health and care plan (EHCP) if required
- others spend years investigating, resulting in late diagnosis or diagnosis still pending
- some families are eligible for Disability Living Allowance (DLA) or Personal Independence Payment (PIP)
- and others are not eligible
There are parent forums all over the UK – 152 in total. As a Forum we:
- work closely with the local authority and co-produce events at various times of the year
- meet at informal weekly coffee mornings around North Lincolnshire
- regularly meet at regional and national meetings and discuss issues which affect our children with SEND
- direct parents to the Local Offer website where they will find all the contacts and information available to families with a child with SEND
- hold an Annual General Meeting (AGM) and an Annual Parent Conference
- work to enable better access to information about services
- improve channels of communication between services, professionals, parents and carers
How do I become a member of the Parent Forum?
All parents and carers of children with SEND are welcome to become members of the Parent Forum. Please complete our online membership form
You may need to renew your membership if you were formerly a member as we have updated our data protection procedures in line with the new GDPR regulations.
What are the benefits of becoming a member?
By becoming a member, you will be kept informed. You will have a voice and support. It is simply the best way to know what is available out there to help your child. For more information please visit our website.
Coffee mornings are held across North Lincolnshire on a regular basis. This is an opportunity for you to come along and talk to us and other parents and carers living with children and young people with additional needs.
The coffee mornings are informal and relaxing. We have lots of information that we can share with you including information about activities and groups you can attend.
Currently coffee mornings are taking place via ZOOM. Please see below for further information:
North Lincs PIP Parent Forum ZOOM coffee mornings
ID 379 708 2359 – Password 906560
Please come and join us even if it’s just for 10 minutes:
- Thursday 22 April 2021 10.30am – 11.30am
- Tuesday 4 May 2021 10.30am – 11.30am
- Thursday 20 May 2021 10.30am – 11.30am
- Tuesday 8 June 2021 10.30am – 11.30am
We are hoping to have a face to face later in June if the Government guidelines permit it.
SEND Conference for Parents and Carers – 15 November 2019
The Special Educational Needs and Disability (SEND) Conference 2019 for Parents and Carers took place on Friday, 15 November 2019.
The presentations from the event are available for you to view and download on the event page.