Coronavirus Related Updates and Information
For the latest updates relating to the Coronovirus outbreak, please visit the North Lincolnshire Council
Please find below a collection of information to assist parents and carers
- Minister Ford’s open letter to the SEND sector regarding schools opening 30 May 2020 [PDF, 144Kb]
- Hearing Support Service Coronavirus – guidance re hearing impaired children returning to school (or pre-school/nursery) [PDF, 64Kb]
- Vision Support Service Coronavirus – guidance re vision impaired children returning to school [PDF, 43Kb]
- During a pandemic situation like Covid-19, your children need you to be calm and sensitive to their needs. This is not easy when we are stressed. Here are some tips on how your child may be feeling, why they might be behaving differently, and what you can do to help. – Emotional survival for infants and their parents –
- Child and Adult Mental Health Service (CAMHS)- Resources
- Coronavirus (COVID-19): Closure of educational settings: information for parents and carers
- Kooth – A free online mental health and emotional wellbeing support service has been launched to help children and young people living in North Lincolnshire, Hull and East Yorkshire. Find out more about Kooth.
- If you have a medical condition which makes you extremely vulnerable to coronavirus (COVID-19), you can register whether or not you need support. Register here.You may have received a letter from the NHS telling you that you’re clinically extremely vulnerable, or been contacted by your GP or hospital clinician. If this has not happened, contact your GP or clinician after you register with this service.It may take time for any support offered through this service to arrive. Wherever possible you should continue to rely on friends, family and wider support to help you meet your needs. You can register yourself, or on behalf of someone else.
- Minister Ford’s open letter to the SEND sector, [PDF, 326Kb] Vicky Ford, Parliamentary Under-Secretary of State for Children and Families. An open letter to children and young people with Special Educational Needs and Disabilities (SEND), their parents/carers and families, and all others who support them.
- Information for for families about the arrangements in place to support children and young people with Special Educational Needs and Disabilities during COVID-19.
- Update from the Carers’ Support Centre, Brigg – The offices are closed to the public but they are still providing information and support over the phone, by text and email.
- Education, Health and Care Plan Risk Assessment – V2 – [DOC, 37Kb] – Early years providers, schools and colleges have been asked to use this framework to determine children and young people who would be at significant risk if their education, health and care provision and placement did not continue – namely those who could not safely be supported at home. Education and training providers will consult with families and professionals and use this risk assessment to support decision making.
- You can watch British Sign Language versions of government advice on the SignHealth website.
- Coronavirus support for employees, benefit claimants and businesses – Gov.uk website.
- Coronavirus – What it means for you – Citizen’s Advice website.
- Free School Meals – is your family eligible?