Coronavirus - Support for Families
For the latest updates relating to the Coronovirus outbreak, please visit the North Lincolnshire Council
Please find below a collection of resources for children and young people
Please see Coronavirus updates and information page, Behaviour Strategies to use at home page and the Transition back to school page. Please check this page frequently as we regularly add additional resources.
- North West Regional Newsletter – special edition March 2020 – A variety of information and resources for parents [PDF, 401Kb]
- MENCAP Easy Read on Coronavirus [PDF, 927Kb]
- Neurodiversity 101 – Anxiety [PDF, 289Kb]
- Talking to children about Coronavirus BPS [PDF,109Kb]
- Coronavirus video for older children – excellent guidance about the coronavirus and staying calm suitable for older children
- Coronavirus video for younger children – an animated video for young children on staying at home
- Free online Summer Camp – The Witherslack Group have prepared a variety of free pre-recorded online events and activities including SEN webinars, fitness classes, workouts and mindfulness exercises for you and your child to enjoy during the six weeks of the summer holidays. Read their newsletter for more information.
- The Education Endowment Foundation (EEF) has produced a set of resources designed to be used by schools and parents/carers to support home learning.
- Visit Gov.UK for a list of online education resources for children with SEND
- The Sensory Projects website has some coronavirus educational resources
- The Council for Disabled Children – advice on supporting children with a learning disability or autistic spectrum disorder (ASD) during this time and will hopefully make things a little more manageable.
- For ideas for things to do at home, visit the council’s activities to do while staying at home webpage.
- There are lots of books for children and young people which tackle the difficult subjects of death, bereavement and loss. The Little Parachutes website have many listed and we have put together a list of suggested reading for children and young people which include the death of a parent/grand parent/pet etc.
- Child and Adult Mental Health Service (CAMHS)- Resources
- Sure Start Newsletter [PDF, 655Kb]
- A compilation of resources for EAL students and families
- Mantra Lingua home reading – provides free access to e-books when parents register and helps households where the home language is not English.
- 5 point scale – angry birds blank [PDF, 129Kb]
- 5 point scale Adult guidance chart [PDF, 35Kb]
- 5 point scale- fan blank [PDF, 27Kb]
- Coronavirus Social Story [PDF, 1Mb]
- Daily schedule [Doc, 29Kb]
- Friendly and unfriendly actions [PDF,100Kb]
- Full pack home symbols [PDF,453Kb]
- Ideas for making the most of your Lego at home [PDF,306Kb]
- Learning in Lockdown – a website/blog with lots of interesting ideas to engage children updated everyday
- Nice Hands social story [PDF,85Kb]
- The Stay Home Superheroes [PDF, 102Kb]
- Rules to Keep Us Safe [PDF, 150Kb]