Please review and correct the information below.

Download our Free App to your IPhone or Android

Home What are Special Educational Needs and Disability? What is the Children and Families Act 2014? What is the SEND Local Offer? What is Early Help? What is an Education, Health and Care (EHC) Needs Assessment? Where can I find Independent Help and Support? Key documents for implementing the SEND reforms

Where can I find Help and Support?

Providing children and young people with special educational needs and disabilities and their parents and carers with help, advice and support is an integral part of the Children and Families Act 2014. Putting them at the heart of decision making and ensuring that they are empowered and get the support they need is key.

This section of the Local Offer website provides further information and details of services that can provide this help and support both locally in North Lincolnshire and beyond.

Organisations that provide information and advice about SEND include: 


1. Contact a Family

SEN National Advice Service Helpline: 0808 808 3555


2. Independent Parental Special Education Advice (IPSEA)

General Advice Line: 0800 018 4016



1. North Lincolnshire's Parents' Involvement and Participation (PIP) Forum is made up of a dedicated group of parents who have children with special educational needs and/or disabilities.

They undertake a range of roles including:

  • Act as forum for the views of parents and carers of disabled children and those with special needs
  • Made up of parents and carers who know on a practical daily basis just how challenging caring for a child with special educational needs and disability is
  • Represent your views on Forums and as part of consultation processes to shape local services
  • Hold an annual conference to give feedback and report on what has been achieved the previous year

In addition, they offer coffee mornings from 10am to 11.30am in a wide range of venues in North Lincolnshire.  Their coffee morning dates for 2018 are as follows:     

  • No PIP Coffee Mornings during August 2018 Summer Holidays
  • Wednesday 5 September 2018 - Costa, Brigg
  • Friday 14 September 2018 -  New monthly ‘Fit with PIP’ Normanby Park Walk, (meet 10.15am in the car park, refreshments afterwards at The Stableyard Cafe)
  • Thursday 20 September 2018 - Costa, near Debenhams, Scunthorpe
  • Wednesday 26 September 2018 -  The Old School Canteen, Wilderspin School, Barton-upon-Humber

(Keep an eye on our website and social media for up to date details. Dates subject to change). 

You can contact PIP Forum on 0845 3889944, by e mail info@northlincspip.org


Twitter: @pipforum

PIP Forum

2. The Carers' Support Centre - The Carers' Support Centre is available to help carers who care for someone living in North Lincolnshire. They have a range of services to support carers and you can find lots of useful information on their website. The Carer’s Support Centre provides some of the functions provided by Kaleidoscope in the past

The word 'carer' is used for people who provide unpaid care as opposed to those who are paid, such as care workers, personal assistants and home helps.

Parent Carers provide or intend to provide support to a child under the age of 18 who has a disability and/or additional needs.

The Carers’ Support Service works with Carers, enabling them to:

  • Access information and advice
  • Assess their financial situation
  • Work through difficult emotions
  • Have time to themselves
  • Socialise with peers
  • Have a voice
  • Access learning and training opportunities
  • Care with confidence
  • Access support in the community

Further information on the support for the above areas is available http://www.carerssupportcentre.com/north-lincolnshire/parent-carers/

They also offer a range of Carer Peer Support Groups. Carer Peer Support Groups can offer the empathetic support that only another Carer can give. There are a number of groups that focus on Parent Carers. Further details of groups and times of meetings are available on their website

You will be made very welcome at these support groups. For more information, please contact the Carers' Support Service on 01652 650585 or info@carerssupportcentre.com

The Carers' Support Centre is based at:

11 Redcombe Lane
DN20 8AU

Tel: 01652 650585

Carers Support Centre


Report this page

Close window

You can use this form to register any query or complaint you may have about this website or any of the content within it. Simply fill in the details below and this will be sent directly to us to investigate. We will always try and respond within one working day.

Page Reference: Where can I find information

However if you have further concerns about internet safety and would like further independent advice, please select the CEOP button below.

Child Exploitation and Online Protection Centre Internet Safety
Helpdesk Icon

Need help?

Close window

If you need help using shop4support call the shop4support Helpdesk on
0333 600 6330 or email info@shop4support.com

If you have a question about social care, please contact your council.
Find out who your council is here.