Special Educational Needs and Disability, Information and Advice Service (SENDIASS)
North Lincolnshire SENDIASS is a statutory service which provides confidential and impartial information, advice and support service on issues related to Special Educational Needs (SEN) and Disability, including health and social care matters relating to these. It is free, easy to access and confidential.
We will listen to your views and help you to ensure they are included in decisions affecting the young person, explain your rights and responsibilities and signpost you to other relevant sources of information, advice and support.
We support children and young people with SEND, and their parents and carers to be involved in decisions and processes that effect the child or young person’s education and development including:
- Early years
- SEN support
- Individual Education Plans (IEP’s)
- Statutory Assessment
- Annual Reviews
- Transition planning and education after 16
- SEN Appeals
- Advocacy and support to help promote independence and self-advocacy skills
- Information and advice to support the understanding of SEND processes, including mediation and appeals to the SEN and Disability Tribunal
- Advice on how open up positive dialogue between parents, carers, young people, schools, local authority (LA), health and voluntary bodies in respect of SEND issues.
- Support to resolve disagreements between parents, carers, young people schools, local authority (LA), health and voluntary bodies in respect of SEND.
- A range of information resources and training.
- A role in informing local policy and practice, in consultation with stakeholder groups.
The booklets below are a series of information resources for parents and carers in North Lincolnshire. They are intended to offer an introduction to parts of the Special Educational Needs and Disability (SEND) Code of Practice and to complement the Department for Education (DfE) Parents’ Guide.
Twitter – @NLSendiass
Tel: 01724 277665 (direct line/24 hour answer phone)
Monday to Thursday: 9am to 4.30pm
Friday: 9am to 4pm