Special Educational Needs and Disability, Information and Advice Service (SENDIASS)
The North Lincolnshire Special Educational Needs and Disability Information and Advice Service (SENDIASS) is a statutory service.
We provide confidential and impartial information, advice and support to parents and carers about issues relating to Special Educational Needs and Disability. This includes health and social care matters. Our service is free, easy to access and confidential.
We will listen to your views, and will ensure they are included in decisions affecting your child or young person. We will explain your rights and responsibilities. And we will signpost you to other relevant sources of information, advice and support.
- children and young people with SEND
- and their parents and carers
to be involved in decisions and processes that affect their child or young person’s education and development. This includes:
- Early years
- SEN support
- Individual Education Plans (IEP’s)
- Statutory Assessment
- Annual Reviews
- Transition planning and education after 16
- SEN Appeals
What do SENDIASS provide?
- Advocacy and support to help promote independence and self-advocacy skills
- Information and advice to support the understanding of SEND processes. Including mediation and appeals to the SEN and Disability Tribunal
- Advice on how open up positive dialogue between parents, carers, young people, schools, local authority (LA), health and voluntary bodies in respect of SEND issues
- Support to resolve disagreements between parents, carers, young people, schools, local authority (LA), health and voluntary bodies in respect of SEND
- A range of information resources and training
- A role in informing local policy and practice, in consultation with stakeholder groups
The booklets below are a series of information resources for parents and carers in North Lincolnshire. They offer an introduction to parts of the Special Educational Needs and Disability (SEND) Code of Practice. And they complement the Department for Education (DfE) Parents’ Guide.
Twitter – @NLSendiass
Tel: 01724 277665 (direct line/24 hour answer phone)
Monday to Thursday: 9am to 4.30pm
Friday: 9am to 4pm
(Please note: SENDIASS will try to respond to enquiries within two working days)