Complex Behaviour Team
The North Lincolnshire Complex Behaviour Team provides advice and support for parents and carers of a child who has a learning disability and / or Autism, who shows challenging behaviour at home.
All children can behave in ways that are difficult to deal with, for example tantrums or throwing things. For children with Learning Disabilities, this behaviour can be more extreme and parents may require specialist advice.
We support parents and carers to understand their child’s behaviour. We do this by helping them to find new ways to manage behaviours and exploring why the behaviours might be happening.
We work closely with:
- school staff
- specialist disability social workers
- other professionals as part of our intervention
Take a look at our Complex-Behaviour-information-for-parents and carers [PDF, 358kb] for more information. We have a professionals leaflet [PDF, 355Kb] too.
How can we help you?
If your child is displaying behaviours that you are worried about or are finding difficult to manage, we may be able to help you.
Who do we work with?
We work with children who have Moderate to Severe Learning Difficulties, or Autism and their families. The children and young people we support are aged between 4 and 17 years of age. Most of the families who we support have already had some help from another service such as the children’s centre.
What do we offer?
- Advice and support to parents at home to help understand behaviour
- Help to develop ways to manage behaviours
- Identify strategies to improve behaviours
- Direct support to implement new ideas
- Direct work with children and young people to gain their views and involve them in developing ideas
- Observations of a child at home, school and in the community
The people in our team are:
- Jenny Plowright, Senior Outreach Practitioner
- Myra Seal, Outreach Practitioner
- Gillian Booth, Outreach Practitioner
Side by Side Children’s Centre
Tel: 01724 296679